Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHat do you think of these speakers guys? I am looking for speakers for my pc. THe 5500 are great looking, but are pretty expensive. Don't know if they are worth it. I can get the Z2300 for $85, is that worth it?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sorry - this one

It is so hard to listen to speaker in stores in my area. Most of the displays are broken. I went to Circuit city and CompUSA last night and both displays were broken, I only got a brief listen at CC due to an employee monkeying with a circuit board
. I am really confused on what to get. The above speakers that I linked to are to be well made but lack midbass. I did notice this. It was only when I turned them up that the sub kicked in and sounded ok.

I was looking at Klipsch, which sound great, but they are expensive and their are a lot of reports of them breaking. What ever I get I don't want it to break - primary requirement.

I think I would be happy with harmon kardon, since I have owned various speakers of theirs in the past, but I can't find any mid level pc speaker sets of theirs. Their creature stuff seems pretty small and weak.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
yes that will be a good value speaker system.... it will suite your needs just fine!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I think I have changed my mind. I think I will go more higher end. I will probably do a Z5500, screw it. The cool thing about the 5500 is that it is 5.1, which I can make space for, and it works with mp3 players, pcs, cd players and DVD players. Not to mention all the power it has. I will probably do an Xtreme music card with it too

I like to listen to my music loud, why go cheap right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts