Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm board and have some cash to spend so I dicided over the next couple of months I'm going to put together a new Gaming comp for the 37" flatpanel me and my wife use as a bedroom TV. The hope is to setup a wireless KB and mouse on a little breakfast tray and be able to play WoW, BF2142, Oblivian and other games from bed.<br><br>
I have gotten the case and motherboard and that is it.<br><br>
Case: Thermaltake Tx<br>
Motherboard is: ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX WIFI AM2<br><br>
What else do you think I should get. I'm having a hard time deciding.<br><br>
I know it will be water cooled,SLI and amd dual core but not sure about wich nivida cards to go with. with the comming of DX10 and such just not sure what I'm going to put in it...should I do quad SLI or not. I don't need to have the most bleading edge stuff out there but I don't mind spending a bit just want to make sure I get my moneys worth. The system I have now is very nice and I feel that I got my $ worth out of it...what I looking to do is make another system that I will feel the same way about but that is higher performing than the one I have now. say aroung 10,000 in 3dmark 06<br><br>
Thanks Evan

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Well.. I can't really suggest anything but to get 10000 in 3dMark06 is no easy task my friend. Prepare to do some serious OCing on that AMD CPU of yours. If you want 10,0003DMarks, get a E6300 or 6600 and OC it. Also,In my opinion, its not really worth the cash right now to wait for a DX10 card since the price of a decent version of Vista will not be cheap either. In terms of a nvidia card, Quad-SLI should do fine with your 37" display running stuff at native res(not sure about native res of TVs). Good luck though!

·
Banned
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Say I go with a 4800+ or 5000+ AMD and good RAM also 7950 gx2 in sli.. could I then be able to get close to 10,000 3dmark 06.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
In the X2 AM2's the 4000+, 4400+ and 4800+ have 2x 1024KiB L2 cache. <br />
With a good stepping all those OCed will out do the stock 5000+, some food for thought. <br />
The 3800+, 4200+, 4600+ and 5000+ only have 2x 512KiB L2 cache. <br />
Larger L2 cache FTW.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
if you're gonna spend that much....get Conroe.....most cases I hate when people recommend them for no reason...but your case is defn a good time to get one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts