Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got accepted to Texas A&M for Electrical Engineering, and last semester I made all A's and one B. This semester I currently have two B's, 3 A's, and a C in the class that I previously made a B in. I made some pretty bad grades my freshman and sophomore years, but I made really good grades the second semester my sophomore year and all year my junior year. Is it possible that I would get kicked back out of my college of choice for dropping my grades slightly this semester as I have? I have to send them a final transcript, which is why I ask. I know if you just straight up failed everything you'd probably lose your admission, but are my grades bad enough that I would?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Your grades in EE are a world of a lot better than mine were when I was attemtping EE, and they didnt' kick me out, so I wouldn't worry at all about A's, B's and very few C's. As kevingreenbmx said, D's and F's are where problems will more than likely begin to come up.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
lol i worked my ass off going through 20 AP IB courses endign up with 1 semester with 1 B

and I still got rejected from Chicago

apparently people don't value computer hobbies

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Schools are funny sometimes. I got rejected from UCLA with one B+, a C+ (in a Physics major's Calc II class, which I didn't even need for my major) and the rest A's at Community college when I averaged 19 units a semester for 4 semesters. I thought I worked pretty hard, but I am happy where I ended up instead.

As for your school possibly rejecting you, it should be spelled out in the letter they sent you. But for the most part, you just have to maintain a 3.0 GPA and not fail any classes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Most places of HIGHER learning are for profit now adays there are a few like MIT and VT and the sort that dont do that due to other funding, but usually they wont kick you from school unless you violate an agreement of sorts. Most of the time depending on your Major you will have some courses that you must maintain at least a B average for core classes or they can refuse to keep you. However unless they state that your in danger of being kicked you shouldnt have to much to worry about. This is based off my experience and a bit of my peers in school, and may be subject to change (<~~ my own TOS). Id go to the admissions office and ask exactly what the situation is and what you must maintain in what classes in order to continue school...id also tell them that at the time of admission NONE of this was explained to you, unless you signed a paper stating that you have been informed of such matters. GOOD luck and remember school is what you take out of it not grades on a peice of paper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts