Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, also can i get the best one out there with a link too (if it possible for you guys)

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
i think its to take out all the air tho stop it from overflowing correct me if im wrong guys and i dont think there is really a need to get one

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah basically all it does is hold extra water for the pump, if the pump gets too low it lets in new water from the resivoir... as far as keeping air out, i dont know... it probably would if it was higher up than the pump... but you should bleed the system completely because air could get trapped in the highest part of the tubing... just make sure that it gets bled COMPLETELY

EDIT: Um as far as a good resivoir, you could probably make a good one as big as you want, and as complex as you want, you could make one to stick to the outside of the case and make it hold a ton of h2o or w/e mix you have... i'd go with a custom made one, but i'll try and find a link for you... give me a lil bit nd il find a good one...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

yeah basically all it does is hold extra water for the pump, if the pump gets too low it lets in new water from the resivoir... as far as keeping air out, i dont know... it probably would if it was higher up than the pump... but you should bleed the system completely because air could get trapped in the highest part of the tubing... just make sure that it gets bled COMPLETELY

EDIT: Um as far as a good resivoir, you could probably make a good one as big as you want, and as complex as you want, you could make one to stick to the outside of the case and make it hold a ton of h2o or w/e mix you have... i'd go with a custom made one, but i'll try and find a link for you... give me a lil bit nd il find a good one...

Thank you and i got one more question, for the Danger Den - RBX Block do i need a "T" tubing FITTINGS ???

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
idk it depends on what you're doing... ask noaffinity or a mod. that has a watercooling setup, ask what they did... i have no idea because i dnt have a wc setup at the moment...sry

·
Registered
391 Posts
A res is not needed at all but it does make for an easier way to fill/empty the system and bleed the air from it.

DD has the fillport thing now where you just dump the water down an extra length of tubing instead of a res.

A res does not "let in" extra water, omg! The res is part of the complete system and the water contained within it is circulating all the time.

I have the small cylinder res from dd. That is really all you need. The bay res and double bay res are more for show than anything else and if you have the extra bays and money then they are fine but really not needed for a good system.

The rbx blocks have 3 fittings and you need a "y" splitter for them. With the advent of the TDX block you do not even need to buy an rbx anymore. Get a tdx that has only two connectors and skip all the extra tubing and hassle; they perfom about the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts