Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was looking at the Processor specs on the ASUS G73JW gaming laptop and was wondering what the end bit means of this text that i copied.

--- Processor & Cache Memory Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 740QM : 2.66 GHz - 1.73 GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 3.33/3.06/2.93/2.8 GHz ---

it's a core i7 740QM and as you can see it says turbo boost 3.33/3.06/2.93/2.8 GHz does this mean that it overclocks 1 core @3.33 ghz 2 core's @3.06 ghz & 3 cores @2.93ghz ect...

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I messed up my first post I meant to say that turbo mode will only boost one core up to whatever you set it but when your using all your cores for applications that can use more than 1 core it will stay the same. So if your running a single thread application - 1 core used - that one core will be boosted to which ever speed you set it to.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I guess they're preset OC speeds w/ preset volts and all

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
When creating a thread, please try not to use titles that do not give even a hint about what your topic is.

Titles such as:

"Help!" "What does it mean?" "What do I do?"

etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazang1212
View Post

so if i set it to any of those clocks then all the cores will be clocked at that because notbookcheck wasent that clear heres the link to the page though http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-C...r.31146.0.html

Thanyou

Well I messed up my first post I meant to say that turbo mode will only boost one core up to whatever you set it but when your using all your cores for applications that can use more than 1 core it will stay the same. So if your running a single thread application - 1 core used - that one core will be boosted to which ever speed you set it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts