Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been looking for gt 14 or 15s all night long. Cant find more than 3 in stock anywhere (buy.com had 3x 14s, I need 6-8)

Could I buy something similar?

I was looking at gt 4250 rpms but I was told they are loud (and not sure even if a fan controller would help it be as quite as a gt 15 ).

Everyone seems to love their gt's here, and understandably so, but whats the next step down? I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for similar quality (or better if possible).

Here is one that I am looking at,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185005

49 cfm, comparable to 50.02911 cfm of gt 14 but even quiter, 20.1dba vs 21dba . Looks completely differet than the gt tho.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
noiseblockers? i've heard good things about them, but imo, i'd wait until another shipment of ap-15s to arrive

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you can wait a couple of weeks, the gentle typhoons are going to be back out on the market and restocked sometime in mid-end april. I have a couple AP-15's and they are the best fans I've ever had by far. Waiting to order more.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Noiseblocker MultiFrames, S-Flexes, Zalman ZM-F3 (and newer models)... maybe a few more I'm not thinking of right now but I know that's not all that can compare to GTs.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick;13028722
noiseblockers? i've heard good things about them, but imo, i'd wait until another shipment of ap-15s to arrive
Its a little complicated. I have to replace the mobo, and thought it would save me a ton of time if I could do everything at once (since I will also be adding another 120mm rad). And the reason thats time constrained is I have to return the mobo in the machine now to newegg.

I wish I could find these 15s!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man those noiseblockers look amazing on paper. I have to doubt they are accurate about those ratings thoe. Looking at the MP12-sh3 in place of gt ap-15s.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam72;13029105
My AP-29 wasn't very good on a fan controller it didn't push the amount of air

the AP-15 did also a bit noisy.
Heheheh you dont know what noise is till you hear my comp. 8x 46 dba fans.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstomb;13029527
"The Scythe D1225C12B4AP-14 Gentle Typhoon 120mm Silent Case Fan 1450RPM 45CFM 21dBA is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item."

+1 for the effort tho
smile.gif
thanks for trying
They should update their site.

AP-15 - Out of Stock
AP-14 - Ships same day...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSEFINI;13029715
They should update their site.

AP-15 - Out of Stock
AP-14 - Ships same day...
I saw that too weird.

Maybe I should go with the ap 13s?

scratch that, just not enough rpm to use with a bix.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK screw it Im going with the noiseblockers.

Just one last request. I have a blackice gtx xtreme 480 radiator. Will regular fan screws screw into the rad? its very touchy ,and I cant have the wrong screw, or it will rupture the rad vessels.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstomb;13029866
OK screw it Im going with the noiseblockers.

Just one last request. I have a blackice gtx xtreme 480 radiator. Will regular fan screws screw into the rad? its very touchy ,and I cant have the wrong screw, or it will rupture the rad vessels.
You will need metric screws. M4(4mm) I think.
I use San Ace fans on my GTX360 radiator. Noisy, but great temps.

• Rep+
Reactions: bloomstomb

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloomstomb
View Post

Im not much of a machinist, is this it?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/35...w_-_Black.html

No. Those are self tapping screws for mounting a fan to a casing, the thread is designed to go into the fan material.

You need something like these, just make sure that it says "M4" in the title.

Edit: The list of screws is on this page, you can get M4s in sizes from 6 to 60mm, you will want 30-35mm for going through the fan and mounting on a rad (35mm allows for thick gaskets).

Either way, always watch out for the tip of the thread as you screw them in, worth doing one with the fan twisted to the side to ensure that the screws are not going to puncture your rad.

·
Crazy Pony
291 Posts
If you're looking for case fans, not really sure.

If you're looking for rad fans, then it's hard to do better than Akasa Vipers for the price (which is roughly the same as the GT AP-15s). I prefer these to the GTs, actually. Similar noise profile, and much better Static Pressure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts