Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Storage Nut
21,144 Posts
Windows firewall is good enough for me, I see no need for anything else, that and microsft security essentials.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Comodo (and avast) gets installed on on all the machines I set up / fix.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Juniper SSG20-SH-W

·
Banned
994 Posts
Comodo premium firewall is all you need for a windows machine
. Also Keyscrambler Pro is just priceless if you are paranoid for security.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by _02
View Post

Same here, although I really need to sit down and go through Comodo.

Me 3.
But getting comodo set up is a pain in the butt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prox
View Post

People still use firewalls besides the Windows one?

People still dont believe in good computer security?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't have any.

I personally don't mind viruses/worms/rats/etc# as long as they don't affect system performance and don't try to steal my information. If they want to sell me Pantene then by all means go ahead.

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts
I don't understand why people use software firewalls anymore, TBH. If you have a router, that's all you need. Unless you let unscrupulous people in on your local network, in which case, you probably DO want to have a software firewall.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilWrir
View Post

Me 3.
But getting comodo set up is a pain in the butt.

People still dont believe in good computer security?

I guess if you're a paranoid freak you might want to use something besides what Windows offers, but other than that...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryleh
View Post

I don't have any.

I personally don't mind viruses/worms/rats/etc# as long as they don't affect system performance and don't try to steal my information. If they want to sell me Pantene then by all means go ahead.

YOU MUST BE A NEWBY.....These things destroy your software and make you lose all info and force you to reinstall windows once it gets too bad. Take precaution and use free software if you are to cheap to buy. Go to filehippo.com or majorgeeks.com and get free protection. Thats what I use and it works just fine!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
my firewall at home is a custom pc with 2 onboard NICs running pfSense firewall. My laptop runs Fedora 14 with Snort in IDS mode in a VM from either the NIC or the wireless NIC through a bridged connection to actual machine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts