Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What FPS rate do PSX games run at? I backed up a copy of a game I had with ePSXe, 'cause it was all scratched and my PS2 can't read PSOne games anymore. I see I can set an FPS between 1 and 200, and choose whether or not to use the limit I set.

I didn't have the limiter set, and my games FLEW. What should I set it at?

Is there a way to skip load times if you're using an image file, and not reading off the CD?

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Quick Q, by PSX you mean the Japan only one with the HDD and stuff right? Not the PS1 (alot of people called that PSX before THE PSX came out lol) and anyways I would set it at 30 since that is what TV is broadcast at, though setting it higher couldn't hurt, so maybe 60, or actually just leave it at 200, wouldn't that be best?

·
Registered
2 Posts
can you limit the fps on a psx emulator because mine is running at 200+ occasionally hitting 300 which is making racing games extremely hard also go for 60fps because thats the speed of the n64 so 60 should be good

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Quick Q, by PSX you mean the Japan only one with the HDD and stuff right? Not the PS1 (alot of people called that PSX before THE PSX came out lol) and anyways I would set it at 30 since that is what TV is broadcast at, though setting it higher couldn't hurt, so maybe 60, or actually just leave it at 200, wouldn't that be best?
He means PS1

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,659 Posts
59.9 seems to work best on my computer 60 flat makes it stutter for some reason

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I use auto fps

every game has its own fps but i think most games are 60

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Just leave it at auto fps... Not all games run at the same FPS... As for loading times, most of the time they are programmed to take a definite amount of time to optimize loadings on the console, so you can't skip them unless you got a "fast forward" button somewhere.

·
B.O.W
26,977 Posts
it doesnt matter what you set that to. That basically tells the program that "Hey, don't let this game execeed ## of FPS even if it wants to" for reasons of preventing errors and stuff like that. All the next gen consoles I believe cap at 60 FPS (even though some games can never reach 60 like Madden08 on the PS3).

Set it to auto FPS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts