Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that fps are great for mouse and keyboard, after a little bit of time getting use to it coming from consoles i definitely agree.

I was wondering what other games are well suited/adapted for a keyboard and mouse.

I was also wondering what games are better with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard? Ex. playing a basketball game, or 3rd person, etc.

I'm pretty new to pc gaming and i've only played rpgs, rts, and fps on my pc... i was wondering if there is a baseball game out for it?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
All the basketball games are controller games. GBA RPG games like Final Fantasy VI I enjoy more with a controller.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
FPS for Keyboard and Mouse.
Racing for controller - face it, moving a thumb 2 inches is faster than moving a wheel 1 foot.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I think racing games, sports games, and flight simulators are best with a controller (if you don't have a joystick for the flight sim).

On virtually everything else I prefer mouse and keyboard.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyworks;13155460
FPS for Keyboard and Mouse.
Racing for controller - face it, moving a thumb 2 inches is faster than moving a wheel 1 foot.
If it is a realistic game like Gran Turismo then you don't want to move the wheel quickly. It's one of the few racing games that really rewards playing smoothly which is why I like it so much. I've been a huge motor sports fan my entire life and I hate unrealistic driving games. I've found that a wheel improves my lap times in gran turismo.

I never do that great against my friends in games like midnight club or need for speed etc. But put in gran turismo and I can literally lap them in a 5 lap race in identical cars. It's all about driving smooth not sliding sideways, never hitting the brakes and bouncing off walls every turn...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I prefer call of duty and exclusive to console games such as guitar hero on the console.

However for everything else I prefer PC (I play WoW, CSS, Warcraft 3 and Sanctum primarily)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
RTS is pretty much a new world for any console guys. Try Starcraft 2 on PC if you haven't already. When you play a true RTS game on PC, it can become incredibly enthralling and competitive.
Outside of that, the obvious ones have been said.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster;13157414
RTS is pretty much a new world for any console guys. Try Starcraft 2 on PC if you haven't already. When you play a true RTS game on PC, it can become incredibly enthralling and competitive.
Outside of that, the obvious ones have been said.
lol i have yet to play starcraft, i will try it as soon as i get my hands on a copy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts