Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Settings just at medium? I don't understand...

Without AA and on medium settings, a GTS 250;5750 should be enough.
Without AA and on max settings, a GTX 260;5770 should be getting around that many FPS.
With AA (4x) and on max settings, to get 100fps, that would be in the 5850 territory.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sold it. but when i did have it. if i wanted fluent gameplay at 1600x900. i had to bring everything down to low ,to be playable for me anyways. i like having around 80-100fps at all times when i play fps games.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
To be fair I think your PC can handle that already. I can say mine can so an ATI Radeon 5870 can handle it. I run BFBC2 at maximum detail including MSAA x8 and AF x16 (but with HBAO off) at 1920x1080. I get no less than 65 FPS or so but tend to get about 100 FPS on average.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123
View Post

i sold it. but when i did have it. if i wanted fluent gameplay at 1600x900. i had to bring everything down to low ,to be playable for me anyways. i like having around 80-100fps at all times when i play fps games.

Are you referring to beta? Because the retail copy is much more optimized.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleTech
View Post

Are you referring to beta? Because the retail copy is much more optimized.

that might be it.. this was during when i was playing the beta... lol

and what do u mean by that?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Quote:

View Post

A GeForce 285 card should have been able to handle this game at more than LOW for 1600x900. Something else must have been going on there..
My previous ATI Radeon 4870 could also handle this game with everything on maximum at 1920x1080 with HBAO off. Granted I also turned off MSAA here, but still..!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont know if its me or not. but for ex. when i play l4d2 it was fluent for me when it was around the 100-130fps, but when it dropped down to the 80's and 70's i can really tell the difference, it was real choppy.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

View Post

that might be it.. this was during when i was playing the beta... lol

and what do u mean by that?

There is a huge difference in FPS between the BETA and the retail version. Expect like 50% more FPS in the retail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.