·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My needs are simple:

85% Gaming
10% Music
5% Movies

When it comes down to gaming mainly, how does the audiophile headphones would perform? I'm thinking about the SteelSeries 7H USB but as I understood for most of here these kind of headphones are "gimmick" and doesn't worth its payment. Yet you would still suggest me to take HD 595 \\ or these ADH700 headphones over 7H for gaming?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Yet you would still suggest me to take HD 595 \\ or these ADH700 headphones over 7H for gaming?
I personally would, yes

I've used their 5Hv2 and Siberia and they are nothing special at all. Totally not worth the price they ask for it. The ADH700s are very very good for gaming. You wont be disappointed with them for any task. There's a few mods that you can do to improve their sound even further too. A DAC or a good sound card along with an amp would be good too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I mainly use AD700 for gaming. Paired with Xonar Dx it's very good.
Recently I bought a Logitech G35 Virtual 7.1 USB headset for LAN tourney. I was actually surprised by the sound quality. It's pretty good for a 'gaming headset'. Not as good as a HD555/AD700, but certainly good for casual listening.
In games, the 7.1 surround is fantastic. I will put it on par with my AD700+Xonar Dx in terms of surround sound positioning.. sometimes in COD4 I felt that it actually did better. The Sound Quality is not as good as AD700 obviously but it's not bad either.
Now,the G35 is USB only. So if you are investing in/have a good sound card then you should get a headphone like HD555/AD700. If not the G35 is certainly worth a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts