Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the highend systems. I have built plenty of plain old office pc's for people and finally decided to build myself a sweet rig. I am interested in some overclocking ideas, obviously why I am in this community now... ANyhow my specs are below and I am using the stock heatsink and fan with the Core 2 Duo e6600 now and it is not running that cool. I was wondering if anyone has any good heatsink recommendations for me. I order from newegg alot so a part number or link to there would be sweet.

Also, there are 3 120mm case fans in my case, here is the link to the case site http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129154. My question is there are 3 speed settings, l m h. I turn the bottom fan by the hard drive and power supply to medium and the other two to low, this seems to give the best cooling. I was confused as I thought the more speed the fan had the better cooling. ANyone have any insight for the best setting of the fans?

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
its out of stock @ the egg atm

i'd suggest looking around other US sites, i dont know any im from UK

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Tuniq Tower is the shiz right now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, I am going to see if I can find the Tuniq in stock anywhere and scoop one up. I will let ya know how much it helps out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice I just ordered one today cant wait to get it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts