Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ocn. Im trying to OC my mobility 5850 (which is basically a 5770 desktop) to a clocks of 800/1000 (vbios stock is 750/1000 @1.05v). The thing is that if I up the voltage to 1.1v at clocks of 800/1000 the card is stable and does not artifact, however it runs quite a bit hotter. I seem to be fine at the normal 1.05v @800/1000 however during a 10min furmark test I get some slight artifacts the ocassional triangle every 10 seconds. If i left it like this would there be long term damage?

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block View Post
No it shouldn't do any damage at all.
this, and nice avatar.....

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
I've had an artifacting card. Granted, the artifacting was caused by damage (it didn't stop after going back to stock), but it slowly deteriorated until it couldn't really handle 3D anymore.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I've had an artifacting card. Granted, the artifacting was caused by damage (it didn't stop after going back to stock), but it slowly deteriorated until it couldn't really handle 3D anymore.
hmmm that sounds more like a chip problem to me. However mine is fine with OC of 750 core (stock 625). I guess 800 might be a bit too ambitious with this voltage. Also does anyone know if OCing memory requires lots of voltage? Cause wen i do mine it seems to become unstable and my screen goes pink lol.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH View Post
The temps are more of a problem.
My temps are well below the manufactures specs. around 80oC when gaming and 90oC on 10min furmark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts