Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if we weren't "Folding for the Cure"? What if in fact we were folding against hairless or something else along those lines.. would you still fold?

..woops I meant to post this in the Humor section.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
I would still contribute, just not as much. Balding is just a physical appearance. People aren't being hospitalized and dying from it.(as far as I know)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'd probably contribute minimally to [email protected] I had been doing that for ages until I ran across what [email protected] was all about earlier this year.

I don't think there is a distributed computing project that is utilizing GPUs other than [email protected], so nVidia (and partially ATI) owe this project a great deal of gratitude!

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Probably not.
I have have too many family members that have died from, are currently dying from, or are in remission of cancer.
I might do it some if it were for Muscular Distrophy, MS, HIV etc, but not as much since I have no personal connection with it.

I only wish I was bald (I do shave my head).

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
Unfortunately, sorry to those members with the balding gene, I have too much hair!

I need a haircut sooo bad so if it would be like the Before WU and After WU I don't think i would

Sucks because I've gone to the same barber for 35 of my 36 years on this planet and he *still* charges the same $8.00 for a flat-top buzz cut
He's now not cutting hair but 1-2 days per week during the daylight hours and I dread finding a new barber, old school, if they even still exist, ugh!

Maybe have a switch where we can opt in or out on the hair gain After WU

·
Bacon & Eggs
2,865 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin
View Post

No, Bald young guys are beautiful, bald old guys are not hoochie.

I am bald, but by choice, I shave my head everyday with my Mach 3, and I am older (30), and I think I am beautiful!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3
View Post

I am bald, but by choice, I shave my head everyday with my Mach 3, and I am older (30), and I think I am beautiful!

30 is not old. 45 is
more importantly though, we need CyberDruid in here. he looks like a old guy. the hair might leave him soon

·
Registered
344 Posts
Now dont get me wrong i think [email protected] is a great idea and project for goodness.
But why not let nature take its natural course in life? why prevent all these deaths and such? Why not let the world be before it had technology, i mean soon enough theres probally going to be anti-aging devices and such, what horror is that! People need to live their natural lives. If your bald your bald, if your family has a genetic disease, let the fmaily die off and the disease is gone wallah, why pass it down to another family member so they can suffer also? But these all are just speculations. This is all in my Opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

Interesting question, but how does anyone know what they are really folding for?

You bring up a good point, and the reason I even thought of this in the first place.

I was thinking about folding, and I started thinking how do we REALLY know what we are folding for?? Seriously what if we are Folding for other things that arnt as important, like hair loss cures??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts