Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They're sort of like barbs with integrated clamps. You take off the retaining ring, slip it over the tube, push the tube on, and then screw the retaining ring back on. I personally find them much easier to use and much better looking than the alternatives.

You can get Aquatuning's house brand compressions for pretty cheap: http://www.aquatuning.us/index.php/cat/c663_Silver-nickel.html

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
As stated, they are simply a barb with a collar that screws on to clamp the tubing. Other than the looks, they aren't "better" than normal barbs.

·
Hardware/Software OG
1,692 Posts
Sidewindercomputers.com has a great selection of compression fittings for cheap. Dude ships fast too...

I think they work better than barbs simply because you can easily loosen and remove hoses if needed without having to gut zip ties and such.... Also, clamps and ties are ugly as $hit and who wants that

·
Registered
676 Posts
FrozenCPU has decent ones at $6.99... IMO, if you are going to spend at least a couple hundred dollars on a water cooling setup then it is definitely worth the money spent on compression fittings. But the cost will really depend on what size fittings you are looking for; the real expensive ones are the larger angled fittings.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Considering it is a barb, then you don't have to buy regular barbs (save for spaces where compressions won't fit because of their size).

Expensive? Yes. Worth the price? Yes. Witgh liquid cooling, I've found that you do actually get what you pay for. You buy cheap crap you'll get cheap performance out of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts