Overclock.net banner

What is a FedEx "business day"?

79563 22
My new subwoofer was set "out for delivery on the next business day" yesterday morning. I know FedEx delivers on Sundays, so what does that mean?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· semi-legit
24,502 Posts
Business days are Monday through Friday.
If your shipment left Friday then you will receive it Monday for "Next Day" service.

There ARE Saturday deliveries available from both FedEx and UPS, however they are at a very high price premium.

• Rep+
Reactions: Arrec Barrwin

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van View Post
If your shipment left Friday then you will receive it Monday for "Next Day" service.

There ARE Saturday deliveries available from both FedEx and UPS, however they are at a very high price premium.
That sucks. Thanks.

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draggin View Post
Yea, My tracking update says it will arrive on saturday, It's sunday now and It still says it just left Rochester, NY.

/fail.
Why does anyone use FedEx? I don't get it. At least where I live, it is usually twice as slow as UPS or USPS and usually twice as expensive. Ugh.

· semi-legit
24,502 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrec Barrwin View Post
Why does anyone use FedEx? I don't get it. At least where I live, it is usually twice as slow as UPS or USPS and usually twice as expensive. Ugh.
It depends what services you want.

We use them exclusively for Express (next day) services both domestic and international at my work.
Why? Because they're cheaper and more efficient with expedited services.

UPS has the ground game on lockdown, but FedEx's specialty is air.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
Quote:

We use them exclusively for Express (next day) services both domestic and international at my work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrec Barrwin View Post
Warning kinda off topic

UPS has managed to damage two packages i had delivered to me.
1. My Yamaha o2r mixer it was packed in 6in of peanuts but it weighs like 90lbs and clearly got drooped on a corner cause the steel was sheared there. Insurance paid 1500.
2. My carvin SL40 40 channel mixer. It was shipped in a road case (1/2in ply wood with 2.5in of foam on all sides) It was being shipped with some extra parts that were secured inside the road case with large foam blocks. It was inspected at a UPS store to ensure that it was secure and safe to ship. When i get it half the faders are bent one way the other have are bent the other. It was a 140lb package and was brought to the door by one driver who did not have a hand truck it was clearly rolled end over end witch made the replacement parts move. Its been a month of talking with them and they say insurance's docent cover it cause it was not in a cardboard box but the road case was in the original cardboard box. Im going to talk with an attorney next week cause this is causing harm to my business.

On topic

You can sometimes go to your local UPS/Fedex headquarter and they can give you the package. Delivery is Monday though Friday but office is Monday though Saturday.

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by darthspartan View Post
Warning kinda off topic

UPS has managed to damage two packages i had delivered to me.
1. My Yamaha o2r mixer it was packed in 6in of peanuts but it weighs like 90lbs and clearly got drooped on a corner cause the steel was sheared there. Insurance paid 1500.
2. My carvin SL40 40 channel mixer. It was shipped in a road case (1/2in ply wood with 2.5in of foam on all sides) It was being shipped with some extra parts that were secured inside the road case with large foam blocks. It was inspected at a UPS store to ensure that it was secure and safe to ship. When i get it half the faders are bent one way the other have are bent the other. It was a 140lb package and was brought to the door by one driver who did not have a hand truck it was clearly rolled end over end witch made the replacement parts move. Its been a month of talking with them and they say insurance's docent cover it cause it was not in a cardboard box but the road case was in the original cardboard box. Im going to talk with an attorney next week cause this is causing harm to my business.

On topic

You can sometimes go to your local UPS/Fedex headquarter and they can give you the package. Delivery is Monday though Friday but office is Monday though Saturday.
Interesting. I just read an article in Wired (or maybe it was Popular Mechanics... I don't remember) about specifically this. They tested USPS, FedEx, and UPS for package safety (used accelerometers, measured Gs, etc. over many different cross-country trips) and found FedEx to be the worst

I think at one point the package clocked a 9 G hit (with FedEx).

They also found that putting "Fragile" or the like on a box made it more likely to be banged around. Lol.

· Registered
1,797 Posts
Quote:

Tom Hanks seems to think notsomach

· Registered
2,961 Posts
omg dont tell me you complain about 2 days more
we wait weeks in europe .........

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFedora View Post
Tom Hanks seems to think notsomach
I Lol'd

· Registered
81 Posts

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahahah

· Registered
3,312 Posts
Quote:

Weird. I get UPS packages delivered all the time on Saturdays. Normal 1-3 day stuff, nothing special.

· Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex View Post
Weird. I get UPS packages delivered all the time on Saturdays. Normal 1-3 day stuff, nothing special.
Yeh me too

· Dream Chaser
4,034 Posts
I never get UPS on saturday unless its saturday service. I find people have the most trouble with one day or next day air. My buddy VWGTI ordered his laptop next day air, and added rush processing form the egg. I also ordered something and had it shipped 3 day UPS. My package arrived on the same day his did 3 days later, lol.

· Registered
81 Posts
tyvm, ZFedora!

..i couldnt get it to work, n so kinda just said fuggit, n posted the link

thx again :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.