Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking if anyone knows of a good PC Hardware Magazine that they would recomend getting, because I want to start reading them. I know alot of the information is now on the net but I would like to know what the best mag has to offer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yes CPU is a magazine but "Maximum PC Kicks Ass" in there own words. I think that Maximum PC is the best as of now.

• Rep+
Reactions: OCZedd

·
Registered
504 Posts
I dunno, the one time i bought maximum pc i wasn't impressed, i hear Computer Power User is the best.

Personally i read Computer Shopper for a long time but they mostly talked about laptops so i unsubscribed

·
Registered
854 Posts
Computer Shopper? Good bathroom mag but not a overclocker or hardware mag... The articles are kinda blah.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Here's some of my experience with Computer related magazines:

PC World is good for the general computer geek
PC Upgrade One of the worst magazines ever. Always publishes late and is outdated. The last issue I got in June 2004, the editors (thankfully) overclocked and water-cooled their systems, but they only had reviews on Ti4200 and 9700Pros! ***! They were also about 5 months late in reviewing the Nvidia 6800 Ultra. Stay clear!
Maximum PC A decent magazine. Only have read it in stores
CPU I like this magazine a lot.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I've not seen "Maximum PC" over here

There's one i get with a passion called "Custom PC", it's one of the best over here

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan
View Post

Yes CPU is a magazine but "Maximum PC Kicks Ass" in there own words. I think that Maximum PC is the best as of now.

In the 80's BYTE was the bomb. There really isn't squat out there right now.

The best mag? OCN + WiFi + Toilet.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Maximum PC is really close to Custom PC. I read Custom PC the last couple times I was in London.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts