Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded "Total Video Converter" and I can't get it to convert the video files from my DVD into a common format such as WMV, MPEG, or AVI, or into sound such as MP3 or WMA, which it says it can do.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Thte files are in a form called ".IFO" which I could only get to play on InterVideo WinDVD, and nothing else.

I'm trying to convert it so I can upload (part) of it on to YouTube, but nothing is working. So, any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Use dvd decrypter or dvd shrink to rip the movie. If you only want to convert to mpeg just use vob2mpeg, it's quick and easy. As for the uploading to youtube part I'm not familiar with that but I know there are guides for it. Megui is a good tool for creating avi's, but it takes some getting used to.

Also a .IFO file is not a video file, it is an instruction set for video files on a dvd. IE it tells the player what order to play each chapter and stuff in. The raw video files on a dvd are .vob and you can simply rip those and then play them back on your computer if you use VLC media player or Media Player Classic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts