Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new evga board (nforce4 sli model -- there's only 1) and it has an option in the clock settings section of the bios called a cpu "7-shift" which allows for selection of mAh for the processor. Can somebody explain to me exactly what this is, i've searched high and low, read reviews where the publishers had no idea waht it did, and alas, I want to know what it does so I can play around with it lol.

Hopefully somebody will know...

edit: sry its "7-shift" not 7-step...

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Do an Advanced search in here and highlight the ADM section.
Search your MB .. a few others here have it... perhaps there may be some info in there posts.

BTW... HI and WELCOME to the forum

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i just searched the evga forums and apparently its to tweak the voltage, a lower mAh will give your voltagea slight kick and allow you to attain above 1.55V vcore and keep temps down a bit too. I gotta find a way to cool off my chipset a bit more efficicently so I can put the chipset voltage up, right now the chipset fan has about a 1mm clearance with the end of my video card. Was gonna stick an old socket-a xaser-11 heatsink on it but unfortunately 1mm of clearance doesn't fit a xaser-11. I checked my ram in a dfi system and got it up to 265mhz stable at cl2 and 278 at cl2.5, and with an available vdram setting of 3.25V
i don't think thats the bottleneck. Gonna wait until I get home to try some 7-shift settings.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
A little AS5 may help a bit.
haha i'll take a picture of the clearance and post it its pretty funny/pathetic. nice thing is the mosfets already have passive heatsinks on them.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Seems a lot of current SLI/NF MBs have little room to mod the bridge chip cooling

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
Seems a lot of current SLI/NF MBs have little room to mod the bridge chip cooling

only solution i can see, is a watercooled block with the inlet/outlet on one side of the block or some wierd hs/f that mounts on it sideways.

btw ehre's some pics: the northbridge is right between the sli slots and right beside the x16 slot

and this is exactly how much room you have to play with:

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the same mobo, cpu, vga combo. Exact same clearance, kinda hard to fit a water block in there like i wanted to . Ive had some weird issue with what i thought was the board, but after seeing you running a 278 fsb it must be my ram . Even with a 133 divider it i cant get it stable past a 273 fsb . Ive also notice that at 240X10 , with a 166 divider to run my memory at 200mhz , i have to up the ram volts from 2.65 to 2.85 to get prime stable . Have you had any weird issues like this ? I'm very happy with what was almost a free board in the evga combo deal thou, i shouldnt complain . thx Rukkee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts