Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 250gb western digital sata 2 hard drives in raid 0.my question is because i have oc'ed my pentium d 950 to 4.3gz will i get better performance if i split the drives from raid and have 1 for my os and 1 for storage or will it be better if i keep the raid 0?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
You probably mean RAID0+1. RAID1, just like RAID0, requires two hard drives, which act as a mirror of each other. Effectively, you'll have 250GB of storage space, while in RAID0 you have 500GB.

I have four drives in RAID0+1, which is the best of two worlds. Four drives are required, making it indeed expensive. RAID0+1 is a combination of RAID0 and RAID1, and thus offers performance increase and data security.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
You probably mean RAID0+1. RAID1, just like RAID0, requires two hard drives, which act as a mirror of each other. Effectively, you'll have 250GB of storage space, while in RAID0 you have 500GB.

I have four drives in RAID0+1, which is the best of two worlds. Four drives are required, making it indeed expensive. RAID0+1 is a combination of RAID0 and RAID1, and thus offers performance increase and data security.
There ya go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts