Overclock.net banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
No of
Ditto on the cool air in and additional fans as exhaust or if you can push in enough cool air to satisfy the exhaust needs. Pumping warm air from one rad up and through another will still cool somewhat but cool air to all does the best job. My Delta Idle is 6C idle and tops out at 8C under heavy load. I could get the idle lower but fans are controlled on a curve with aquaero using liquid temp as a reference with a min of 28C (minimum fan speed for 28 an under) and max of 32C where fans will slowly ramp to full speed at 32C. They seldom make full speed but If Im really loaded on a 10980XE and 2x 2080Tis it will get pretty close. Real question is whats your delta on the liquid cooled devices? My GPUs max out at 8C delta where my CPU will hit 40C delta and sometimes a little more. Right now at Idle GPU delta is 1.8C and CPU is 7.2C.

Either way my liquid temp never passes 32C. Right now liquid temp is 28C with fans at 40% and ambient at 24C.
So you let the fans spin up instead of being a silent king?

·
Registered
255 Posts
For me much the surprise had top exhaust and bottom intake. But after read so much tried bottom exhaust also and temps went down. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Why not both intake?
Forums have told me its because blow the hot air into case. Did not make the sense to me because of airflow but was up for experimenting. Results were like they said very good and I'm at my lowest temps so far. Fans at about 1000rpm so very quiet pc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Forums have told me its because blow the hot air into case. Did not make the sense to me because of airflow but was up for experimenting. Results were like they said very good and I'm at my lowest temps so far. Fans at about 1000rpm so very quiet pc.
I would probably do exhaust but I currently have three 360mm rad set as intakes so case has no other fresh air coming in from anywhere else. Setting just one radiator to exhaust makes the exhaust radiator basically useless since it is blowing out hot air that is actually hotter than the coolant. Since I am fully watercooled there is nothing for me to worry about with the inside being hot.

·
Old and Decrepit
2,359 Posts
No of

So you let the fans spin up instead of being a silent king?
Yes and no. I dont "Let" the fans spin up, its the profile I set to keep the temps of whats in my loop in check. GPUs hit first throttle point at 45C so keeping my liquid temp 32C and under they never make the throttle point and keeps my 18 Core OCd CPU in the mid 80s when doing AVX workloads. Like I said, It rarely gets past 30C which is about 60% on the fans. Sure I can run my CPU and GPUs at stock and run dead silent but what's the fun in that. This is Overclock.net isnt it? Doesnt really matter as I either have music playing or a game going though a heft sound system and don't hear the rig at all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes and no. I dont "Let" the fans spin up, its the profile I set to keep the temps of whats in my loop in check. GPUs hit first throttle point at 45C so keeping my liquid temp 32C and under they never make the throttle point and keeps my 18 Core OCd CPU in the mid 80s when doing AVX workloads. Like I said, It rarely gets past 30C which is about 60% on the fans. Sure I can run my CPU and GPUs at stock and run dead silent but what's the fun in that. This is Overclock.net isnt it? Doesnt really matter as I either have music playing or a game going though a heft sound system and don't hear the rig at all.
Oh I see, do you have an aquario fan controller?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts