·
Registered
2,157 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Gauntlet3h

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
You receive rep from other forum members for things like answering questions, or generally doing something "above and beyond".

It is required for certain things on the site (the classified section for eg.) It also serves as a simple indicator for how a certain member serves the site.

p.s. Nice avatar
smile.gif

·
a turkey is a bad man
6,432 Posts
+1 for a nice avatar.

As stated you get rep for helping people. Just don't always expect it
wink.gif

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hence why I just got rep
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet3h View Post

Thanks guys! The classified sounds like something useful! I rather buy computer stuff from people on this forum than say craigslist lol
It really is great. You get a wide range of items, and some good deals. You can buy at any time, but need 35 REP to sell.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
Lets not forget the flame system either. When you reach X amount of rep points, you are awarded a flame like the one above my avatar. Keep posting useful stuff to get more rep, the more rep you have the more flames you are awarded. Think 5 flames is the max.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
It also should be stated, that you don't want to abuse the rep system either. Trying to solicit for rep points or having people give you multiple rep points just so you can access certain parts of the site is strictly forbidden, and will be taken care of by staff.

Just sit back, enjoy the site, help where you can....and the rep points WILL come.

As far as the Marketplace, there's other ways you can use it. If somebody has a WTB thread up, and you have for sale what they want to buy...you are MORE than welcome to sell to them. Same if somebody has something for sale that you want to buy. You are more than welcome to buy from somebody who already has a FS thread open.

The rep requirement of 35 rep points, is there to protect our members from possibly getting scammed. If somebody has that 35 rep points and has a thread open in the marketplace, it is up to that person if they wanted to trust you or not (since you don't have that 35 rep points).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts