Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few weeks since I had this problem, but whenever I did anything slightly more gpu intensive than web browsing my monitors would shut off as if going into sleep mode. I ran furmark and it did it. 2 cards in sli, I pulled one and stressed again no problem. Tried stressing the other stand alone, but my mobos bios doesn't allow past post if the gpu isn't in 1st pci-e slot. Switched card to 1st slot passed stress. Passed stress with cards now switched in sli.

Haven't had a problem since. Was the whole thing a reseat issue? I actually pull my cards when I clean my comp. It struck me as weird.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yeah sometimes these machines do strange things unable to determine what went wrong.

A few weeks ago I pulled he side panel off and the fan plug came off of the mobo header. Nothing apparent happend until I rebooted 5mins later and got nothing, just black screen. For other reasons I swapped another CPU in and it booted, then plugged my QX9650 back in and booted fine too... just one of those unknown problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts