Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find an aftermarket vga cooler to drop my overclocking temperatures down on my x1900 crossfire edition single graphics card. I am running at 58 degrees celcius idle and between 78-90 during high end gaming graphics. I think I could get the overclocking even higher if I could drop the temperature 30 degrees, so what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The Zalman VF900cu is the best. I have it and i love it. Really good cooler. Use with AS5 for better results. For my X1800XT i went from 54C idle to 43 idle and thats oced.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Thats a really uneducated post..... The VF-900 isnt the best its been outperformed by a couple heatsinks. Namely the thermalright HR-03 and the accelero.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
View Post

Thats a really uneducated post..... The VF-900 isnt the best its been outperformed by a couple heatsinks. Namely the thermalright HR-03 and the accelero.

Amen.

Air: Thermalright HR-03 and Arctic Cooler Accelero X2

Liquid: Danger Den Tyee

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
IMO, I really perfer the VF900-Cu. Its a great cooler and its not as big as that HR-03.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
For the oven that is a X1900 it doesnt work so well. I had one on my X1900XT and it dropped like 5c max off load...... Size is cool but its outperformed by others

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beret9987
View Post

IMO, I really perfer the VF900-Cu. Its a great cooler and its not as big as that HR-03.

The man asked what is the best cooler for the X1900 series. The VF900-Cu just doesn't qualify. It's better than stock, but there are just too many that are better. My personal preference would still have to be the Accelero X2. It has better cooling than the VF900-Cu, doesn't have the problems with keeping the ramsinks adhered, and is almost inaudible. It's also cheap as sin.

EDIT: We gotta stop meeting like this, Waxy... people will talk.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Oh yea.. I guess none of us really thought about watercooling or cared to bring it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts