Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best free multi-player online game that I can play on my dad's pathetic PC? (My PC doesn't have an internet connection). I just got 1.5 MB\\s DSL (from dial-up) so now I'm looking for a couple of interesting online games. (Including but not restricted to RPGs.) My dad's pc has the following specs (other than RAM, it's a stock eMachine) -

CPU - 1.8Ghz Celeron
RAM - 512MB
Video - onboard - world's CRAPPIEST VIDEO!!!!!!! it's 32MB, or somehting like that, but it doesn;'t have any of the technologies required to play decent games, even if they only require 32MB...it is more like the 16MB card I used way back when on my first PC.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Americas Army for OL gaming... 2.5G DL.
On your PC but not dads!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Americas Army, but my dad's PC can't handle the graphics.
It looks like an awsome game, though.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikx
View Post

What is the best single player PC game (non online)

That's an opinion question, and there's also a very long discussion thread. I suggest you search.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
I stopped playing runescape 2 mins after i logged in.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'd probably go with Diablo 2 or Starcraft for 3 reasons

1: Doesn't require a 3d card to play, and still doesn't look bad
2:Tons of people still play them
3:Still fun to play

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, I created an account at hostilespace...I'll post back when my account is activated. Does anyone else play that regularly?

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Lol nope not anyone from here. I have a few tier 6 lvl 75's but I don't feel like activating them to play it anymore now that I have WoW. When you get a character made and get ready to play tell them Nexus from the Centre for the Study of Conflict sent you.

I was the god of that game for two summers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts