Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what is the best mobo for Athlon 64. One that support dual bios, have great OC Capabilty and I don't care if it use PCiE or AGP. As long as is pretty good with what it got to offer.

Pleace list them and maybe a link to a site where I can price check them. That would be great. I been thinking of upgrading soon from my;

Gigabyte 7NNXP
AthlonXP 1700+
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB
Corsair XMS 512MB PC3200 DDR 400

Trying to find a good upgrade for the money, If cheap as possible.
Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
586 Posts
ya dfi is the crowd favorite due to overclocking features. msi, not so sure. my evga is surprisingly nice for a first attempt at a board (actually made by jetco i think). Asus is decent but again, with mixed reviews. Totally avoid gigabyte.

·
Banned
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm I don't use a 5700LE I use a ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB. Which is still good enough for what I use it for. I just have to upgrade my mobo and cpu because I need SSE2 since my corrent setup dosen't support it.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hes got a point, if hes not really into gaming that much, then stick to AGP. Although you will have to upgrade eventually
But its really no big deal. i think DFI sells one or two agp boards lemme look....
EDIT guess not, they only sell them with socket 754. But for PCI-E they have lots Here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts