Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Atom+ION or AMD Fusion. Both performs identically regarding performance/watt and performance/price?

Which models exactly?

After google'ing a bit:

Atom N5xx and D5xx; Fusion E-350.

Are these the models you're talking about?

Another question:

Is a netbook with Atom D5xx only (without ION graphics) that worse than one with Fusion E-350? (regarding graphics power of course)

What about Atom D5xx + ION versus Fusion E-350?

Sorry for the many questions.

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
Any Atom without an ION is basically something that can't do much graphically. In Windows I've had them struggle at times to do basic DVD level video.

You don't want a D500 series Atom because that is a desktop processor and will needlessly waste battery life. The N500 series Atoms + ION are the lowest you should go if you want HD playback to have a chance.

As for the AMD side the C-50 is slow for CPU but will easily handle HD playback. The E-350 is the best of "netbook" chips overall if you can find it in a netbook under 12 inches.

However, I find that Nvidia's Pure Video HD decoder and the APIs/programs that use it such as DxVA and VDPAU look the best. That's just my personal experience but it only comes with a bit of tinkering so I doubt it will matter that much to the majority of people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts