Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone link me or give me the names of some good radiator shrouds I can buy online, please.

Im looking for shrouds for a 120mm x 25mm fans two GT15's

Also just wondering will installing two shrouds really increase CFM and give me cooler temps while decreasing the DBA of the fans?

this product says: The Xtender tunnel reduces fan dead space and improves the airflow through a radiator. The air turbulence is increased within this tunnel volume and
eliminates the dead spot below the middle of the impeller. Another adavatage is noise level is reduced significantly as well approximately 5-7 decibels.

http://www.acousticpc.com/feser_tfc_...or_shroud.html

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
A popular choice is to buy cheap fans and cut the blades out.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Shrouds won't increase cfm, what they do is move the face of the hub away from the area that receives the airflow thereby removing the "dead-spot"

Here are some decent 120mm shrouds in Blue and in Red (they look yellow). Here is one in Black, and Here is another that is Clear.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
I still remember a while a go Martin tested shrouds and the results were that 40mm ones gave the best performance.

TFC makes some 25mm shrouds, but they're REALLY overpriced.

For the that price, you could buy some yate loon 38mm's and cut out the motor to give you some nice shrouds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i saw the post on how to make your own shroud but I don't know I like to buy stuff already built nicely.

also does anyone know where to buy black washers when I went to home depot they only had silver washers.. =/

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I use one of these:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=25683

It's a little better than hubless fans since it allows air to get to the corners too and it's 42mm thick. I used some silicone caulk to make it airtight. It went on pretty easily but the snap in sides didn't line up right, might have been the way I installed it. A little dremel work fixed that, seems too be a special case though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisron View Post
yeah i saw the post on how to make your own shroud but I don't know I like to buy stuff already built nicely.

also does anyone know where to buy black washers when I went to home depot they only had silver washers.. =/
Home Depot should have rubber washers. That is where I picked up mine. Where they sell the screws, etc, you should see a rotating 3 sided bin storage unit. They should be in there.

·
Registered
629 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts