Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ncase M1 Lover
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I want to back up my computer in case something happens down the road. What is the best way to do this? I know there are system restore backups and other stuff but I want to be able to restore to a healthy state if anything happens down the road. I got most of my important files on my backup HDD though. I'm just curious as to what most people do.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
I just made a Back up disc using Windows Back-up. Made it shortly I reinstalled my OS and had all my favourite programs installed. I made the back-up just for the C:/ drive and put it on a DVD disc.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I use Acronis True Image,can make complete backups or make a constant backup that saves evey 10 mins and you can roll back any specific file or folder,or even the whole lot to any previous save.

To say it makes a backup every 10 mins i have never experienced ANY lag in game or any slow downs due to backing up that often.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977 View Post

I use Acronis True Image,can make complete backups or make a constant backup that saves evey 10 mins and you can roll back any specific file or folder,or even the whole lot to any previous save.
To say it makes a backup every 10 mins i have never experienced ANY lag in game or any slow downs due to backing up that often.
started to use this and use external drives, burn important stuff as well onto DVDs. Back up my NAS to another external HDD caddy
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
I have a server that backs up all my computers daily (and I back that up weekly).

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: exzacklyright
1 - 6 of 6 Posts