Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this has been posted before, but it is probley now long dead, but the matter at hand is what is the best computer you have found? It can be amd or intel, I just put this on amd because I know that when I find comps lying around they are usually intel so I did the oppsite of what I usally find, lol. If you can list the make/model if it's a prebuilt, the specs, what was wrong with it if anything, what did you first do with it, and lastly what have you done with it now like have you scraped it or made it another folder or whatever.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xypex982

I think this has been posted before, but it is probley now long dead, but the matter at hand is what is the best computer you have found? It can be amd or intel, I just put this on amd because I know that when I find comps lying around they are usually intel so I did the oppsite of what I usally find, lol. If you can list the make/model if it's a prebuilt, the specs, what was wrong with it if anything, what did you first do with it, and lastly what have you done with it now like have you scraped it or made it another folder or whatever.

[CONFUZZLED] Found in a store or on the side of the road? [/CONFUZZLED]

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Found anywhere, I found an old Compaq deskpro in my attic, it was a dos computer with 13" b/w monitor, the tower had an led display that told you how many kb's you had left on the hdd

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i found an old server mobo that supported twin pentium 2's in my dad workshop a while ago...but its to out of dat to even bother setting up

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

i found an old server mobo that supported twin pentium 2's in my dad workshop a while ago...but its to out of dat to even bother setting up

Why not, someone would probably donate the two to you ! Ha. You could have it be your offical 24/7 Overclock.net Computer!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
well i think its long gone, we had the processors, but we never saw any reason to build it so we just kinda threw alot of the old pc junk when my family moved...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang two old xenons in it and it would be a pretty good folder. It can be found anywhere except for like in stores so don't say hey I got a socket a athlon xp rig at best buy, you know. I really like the idea of an lcd on the tower lol.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have a P1 computer!! Oh yes, it's a Sony...something...It has around 64mb of RAM, we upgraded the HD a long while back, so thats around 20-30GB. So yeah...it's l337

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohh yeah I got a p1 with mmx and oc'd it to 300mhz, yeah that was fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts