Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand is the most stable motherboard for someone who does not want to overclock/tweek there computer? I was thinking Intel.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy
What brand is the most stable motherboard for someone who does not want to overclock/tweek there computer? I was thinking Intel.
Too general, you gotta mention Socket type because it varies. If it's an Intel cpu, I'd say Asus.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472
Too general, you gotta mention Socket type because it varies. If it's an Intel cpu, I'd say Asus.
Sorry, s775, new chipsets, etc.

Also, the reason I said Intel is because I know a lot of people who build custom comptuers but dont overclock buy Intel motherboards.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Yeah, Intel or Asus boards are gonna be the best bet for non overclocking, just a cheap-o 50 or 60 dollar board is all you need really.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Honestly the only reason I dont like asus is cause of my old mobo lol, i couldnt overclock my old system XD, but that board was rock solid stable.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy
Sorry, s775, new chipsets, etc.

Also, the reason I said Intel is because I know a lot of people who build custom comptuers but dont overclock buy Intel motherboards.
You mean that most of intel mobos cant be overclocked?, Well i cant

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg
You mean that most of intel mobos cant be overclocked?, Well i cant

Intel locks the BIOS settings for overclock the same way PC manufacturers like Dell and HP do.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
My vote goes for the Asus P5P800-SE board, supports the newest processors (presler, 6xx ect) based on the proven springdale chipset (865)

Though if you need PCIe, stick with asus, the intel boards are overpriced for what you get.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg

Well some intel mobos can overclock(478)...

Really? All the ones I have seen have been locked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.