Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Matisse
3,808 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baverdi View Post
My vcore move around a lot. This is bad right?
Nope. Not at all, unless it was perhaps spiking to extreme voltages above 1.55v.

This fluctuation can happen due to load or dynamic voltage changing as the result of cool n quiet features.

Stock Vcore should be 1.35V

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Yeah that happens when you cool and quiet is enabled. However if you turned it off and it still fluctuates wildly (which i doubt will happen), you might want to check the railings on the PSU.

It is still perfectly acceptable if your voltages sway a bit. Mine is set at 1.42, but because of Vdroop and dynamic voltage, CPU-Z reads my voltages at 1.38-1.39

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by youra6 View Post
Yeah that happens when you cool and quiet is enabled. However if you turned it off and it still fluctuates wildly (which i doubt will happen), you might want to check the railings on the PSU.

It is still perfectly acceptable if your voltages sway a bit. Mine is set at 1.42, but because of Vdroop and dynamic voltage, CPU-Z reads my voltages at 1.38-1.39
Not in his case. CnQ on a PhII drops the vcore to under a volt (does on mine anyway). What's going on here is likely caused by a lower quality component of the motherboard or power supply. Since the fluctuation is under the threshold of the cpu recommended max vcore, it's nothing really to worry about if you're running stock clocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts