Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsci;14196876
Who knows? The file name is probably randomly generated, I have several like that and it's probably nothing to worry about.
Their is a folder on my E drive that I cant open. I want to know what it is, even if its not harmful.

·
sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇss
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguarbamf;14197066
They're created by Windows Updates.
No biggie. =P
Yep.
thumb.gif

You usually only see them when Windows is waiting for the computer to be restarted as it is a temp folder for the updater. Windows can't update sometimes when the computer is running.

Or more unlikely is that the update failed and got corrupted. Where-as if the folder really annoys you just delete. If the updater is waiting to use the folder, it wont let you delete anyway.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyparker1337;14197097
Yep.
thumb.gif

You usually only see them when Windows is waiting for the computer to be restarted as it is a temp folder for the updater. Windows can't update sometimes when the computer is running.

Or more unlikely is that the update failed and got corrupted. Where-as if the folder really annoys you just delete. If the updater is waiting to use the folder, it wont let you delete anyway.
I am trying to delete it but it says I do not have permission. Its not on my primary drive. Why would a windows update be stored on a secondary drive? I just had a nasty virus, I had to reinstall every thing. I think updates wear apart of the virus. Even though I have it checked to only instal updates if i tell it to, it would do it any ways. So ANY ways how do i delete it? (I am on a fresh instal of windows now).

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbathcrazy;14208200
I am trying to delete it but it says I do not have permission. Its not on my primary drive. Why would a windows update be stored on a secondary drive? I just had a nasty virus, I had to reinstall every thing. I think updates wear apart of the virus. Even though I have it checked to only instal updates if i tell it to, it would do it any ways. So ANY ways how do i delete it? (I am on a fresh instal of windows now).
If you really want to get rid of it, and don't care if you break anything (probably not a problem, but be prepared), malwarebytes has a folder unlocking tool you can use.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.