Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day

I overclocked my pentium 4 willematte 1.6ghz cpu today from 100mhz to 120mhz and when i rebooted after saving and exeting the bios the moitor said there was no signal, so i left the computer for about an hour and when i tried again it started up into bios fine does anyone know why this would of happend(btw i cant up my vcore voltage)

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtelias

g'day

I overclocked my pentium 4 willematte 1.6ghz cpu today from 100mhz to 120mhz and when i rebooted after saving and exeting the bios the moitor said there was no signal, so i left the computer for about an hour and when i tried again it started up into bios fine does anyone know why this would of happend(btw i cant up my vcore voltage)

Its most likely down to the fact that your CPU doesn't want to OC that far without a voltage increase.

You were quite lucky to get into the bios again, otherwise you would have to reset your CMOS using the jumper on your motherboard.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

i was very lucky ay cause its happend before

What motherboard have you got? If you are thinking of overclocking, it might be worth looking into something with a few more OC options

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

ive got an ecs elitegroup 661fx-m with a sis661fx chipset

That will be whats holding you back

·
Registered
965 Posts
ya I use a ECS board also, can't loclk the agp/pci ports

I have it OCed 20% and somtimes it dosn'et wanna boot lol.. somtiems it'l gimme a PCI.sys error, other times it'l just crash windows and reboot again.

But last few days its been doing just fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah only reason i got this board cause my old cpu and motherboard fryed when i was staying somwhere else and he got this ****ty motherboard cause he knows nothing about computers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts