Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real sure where to post this but I ordered THIS motherboard from tigerdirect yesterday. Now my order status says this:

All Backordered - These items are currently on backorder, and will ship as soon as we receive stock on them. ( We are currently doing a physical inventory. Your order may temporarily show on backorder. Please allow 48 hours for your status to update. )

Has anyone else ever ran into that???

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i'm glad people are still sticking with LGA775. I have a motto to stay one generation behind the current. so when the 6xxx cards come out, I get the 5xxx cards. i've seen a backorder when the droid incredible came out. never saw that for a mobo before

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, this is my 3rd LGA 775 build. The newer chips are just too expensive to build a PC with by the time you buy DDR3 RAM and a motherboard to support it all. IMO a Q9550 quad is just as awesome. I hope they ship that board out soon tho.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i need a quad. can't find any that are around my price. i mean some are the same price as the i7s.
you should fix your info. it says Pentium then core 2 quad model numbers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This happened when I ordered my XFX 790i Ultra. They never got them back in stock (in fact, I think they stopped selling them)
I ended up ordering from Newegg.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I ended up cancelling my order with TigerDirect. I called them on Monday to see when they were expecting some more of the boards in and they told me Tuesday. Well came home Tuesday after work to find it still on back order so I call them again. This time they tell me it's going to be by Friday before they get anymore in. So I call them back to cancel my order and the guy tells me it's going to be next week before they get any back in stock. What the heck???? Anyways, I cancelled the ordered, got my money back and have the same board on the way from Newegg. Newegg Rocks!!!!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
wooooo. go newegg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thats what I said. Besides, it shipped 2 hours south of me so it'll be here tomorrow!!!!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prescott-King
View Post

yea, this is my 3rd LGA 775 build. The newer chips are just too expensive to build a PC with by the time you buy DDR3 RAM and a motherboard to support it all. IMO a Q9550 quad is just as awesome. I hope they ship that board out soon tho.

Same here..

·
Registered
87 Posts
One of the main issues i've seen with TD is that they seem to be a bit slower on the updating of their stock. Especially with sale items, they'll accept the orders fine, and then the next day they realize that they sold too many or what ever. A lot of online companies are like that, but I know from experience after buying from newegg so much you forget it's possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts