Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states what are people highest overclock with the stock cooler.
state what you are running and at what temps.

please include cpu mobo voltage and any cooling other then the stock heat sink and I would be happy. if your using another thermal goop fine just make sure stock heat sink.

and yes I know there are better coolers out there I'm just curious what CPU's have done as they came from the factory. HS and all.

this was running superpi and [email protected]

·
Registered
764 Posts
thats not too bad, but you dont wanna be running more than 50c on a 24hour machine, just for future ref. For stock coolers, i doubt its that much, i doubt you would hit 3gig on that cpu you have, or are you running it stock, i didnt check, so if you are........

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure if I fully understand what you are saying there but yes this was on the stock C2D heat sink at 3.2Ghz with 1.325v setting in bios on the core and 9 mult and 355 fsb

I admit though I'm not too fond of the temps either but I am hoping for a stock cooler I'm doing ok

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when I last checked TAT vs speedfan the temps where within 1-2 degrees of each other so not so much of a difference. I will check them when I get home and give you a screenie then if you like.
thank you for the link it will make it easy.

finally got rid of windows vista and finally got rid of the 8.4GB hard drive so I'm starting over installing everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts