Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#hi i want to buy one new soundcard and i am between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1

i dont know which to buy?

what is the difference between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 ? and which is the best?
i want the soundcard for games, music and movies

so which soundcard are you suggested me to buy?
Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1? or
Sound BlasterX AE-5??

i am playing games ,, music and movies/

in music i am hearing everything trance house all the kind of music ..
i am playing all the kind of games././

WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5??
.if i buy Asus Strix Raid DLX will it be good for music and movies?? will i hear in songs very clear and beauty sound?

and i have one more question with Asus Strix Raid DLX can i put and one custom 5.1 speakers?

Asus Strix Raid DLX supports only gaming headsets? or it suports all the kind of headsets?

so which soundcard to buy from these 3??
Strix Raid DLX or Essence STX II or Sound BlasterX AE-5??

some people say that Strix Raid DLX is good

another people say that is garbage

some another people say that asus stx 2.7.1 is very good

some people say that is not good

so from these 3 which one is the best??

do you believe that Soundblaster AE-5 is better than asus stx ii 7.1 and asus dlx??
can you tell me why is better from these 3?

i am asking because i dont know

the most people say that dlx is garbage product
another people say that asus stx 7.1 is old and has problems with drivers

some another people say that soynblaster AE-5 has problems with the souroynd and the bass and with the volume..

for this i dont which to buy?

can you tell me please which to buy please?? from these 3??

·
Registered
55 Posts
the ae-5 has probably the best amp and dac for headphones (for an internal soundcard!).
the mic-in is pretty poor, low volume and alot of noise.
creative sometimes breaks certain features within the software and you have to wait for a fix (~2months ie)

whats your budget?
maybe the SoundblasterX G5 is also something for you? it has far less problems what i have heard and has a very strong dac/amp for headphones.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is the difference between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 soynblaster AE-5 ? and which is the best?
i want the soundcard for games, music and movies

·
Registered
225 Posts
Soundblasterx ae5 is really good but i think soundblaster z has better 3d audio software. Other than that ae5 is obviously better. Asus soundcards are expensive. Not worth imo. STX2 focusing music not games. Also probably soundblasterx has best amp for headphones. Probably best software too. They are experienced on this.

edit:

What is important when you buy sound card ?

1- SNR (and other technical values)

Asus cards has 124db snr while Creative has 122db snr. Asus looks better but only 2db snr difference. Also these are marketing numbers. Real benchmarks more important. Soundcard benchmarks are not easy to find. Compare them if you can find.

2- Amp for headphones

3- Software

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look i am not profecional music maker.. i am not music producer

as person i am looking one soundcard for to play games listening music and movies.

i dont know from SNR (and other technical values)

i want one soyncard to have good software

i want one from these souncards (asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 and soynblaster AE-5) to be good in these 3 things play games listening music and movies

to have good drivers and support.

also i want one from these souncards (asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 and soynblaster AE-5) for to use with headphones

also can you sugested me and one Amp for headphones ( i have now game zero headphones)

also i want to tell me what is your opinion about asus Strix Raid DLX

first i was thinking to buy asus Strix Raid DLX but some people told me that dlx is not good souncard and some people told me to buy soynblaster AE-5 and not asus Strix Raid DLX

but in the reviews of asus Strix Raid DLX it has positive such as soynblaster AE-5

some another people told me to buy Asus Essence STX II 7.1 and not soynblaster AE-5 and not asus Strix Raid DLX for games music and movies

so which of these 3 are the best?

also i want this soundcard and for my headphones but also and for my custom 5.1 speaker
which is
Denon AVR-X3400H
https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision....YaApWfEALw_wcB

SUBWOOFER:
SVS PB-2000
https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000

dali Zensor 3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dali-570312.../dp/B00E0I7B14

SURROUND: Dali Zensor 1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dali-Zensor.../dp/B0057X5KF0

: Dali Zensor Vokal
https://www.whathifi.com/dali/263123/overview

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Forget about soundcards when using AV-receivers with HDMI inputs. HDMI (from your GPU) is much better connection compared to optical from your soundcard.
I REPEAT: Do not use the soundcard with your speakers/receiver, use your graphics card instead (if it's from this decade).

So, the soundcard is solely for your headphones to use.
As you seem to be completely clueless to stuff like virtual surround for headphones, just buy the STX II and pray to god that you don't run to problems. My true recommendation in your case would be to use the expensive receiver you already have (the headphone port is there for a reason) or buy the cheapest possible Creative Audigy FX, but everything I say seems to go to deaf ears so what do I care...

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,022 Posts
Forget about soundcards when using AV-receivers with HDMI inputs. HDMI (from your GPU) is much better connection compared to optical from your soundcard.
I REPEAT: Do not use the soundcard with your speakers/receiver, use your graphics card instead (if it's from this decade).
This ^

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why to forget soundcards when using AV-receivers with HDMI inputs.??

you mean that it cant be conection with soyndcards?? if i use AV-receivers with HDMI inputs.????

and one more question

why the most people say that asus stx 7.1 is better from Asus Strix Raid DLX and Sound BlasterX AE-5???

does asus stx 7.1 has old chip?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and why is better connection compared to optical from your soundcard.??

can you tell me please??

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Google exists for a reason...

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-vs-optical-which-digital-audio-connection-to-use/

Soundcard components are bypassed even if you use the soundcards optical connection, as the heart of the soundcards is the DAC and amp section. With optical and HDMI connection the DAC+amp section of the AV-receiver is used instead. And most AV-receivers eat soundcards for breakfast when it comes to DAC+amp quality.

TL;DR: Your receiver is a better soundcard than all the soundcards that you have thought about. So let the receiver do its job and use HDMI.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I dont know av receivers. I have stereo bookshelf speakers and beyer dt770 250ohm headphones. Soundblasterx ae5 noticeably improved my bookshelf speakers and headphones. My old soundcard was creative soundblaster z. Both soundcard has good drivers also. I think soundblaster z software was little better at 3d gaming audio.

Asus STX 2 probably best for the music i didnt tried it. I dont know Asus Strix Raid DLX but i think Creative has better drivers and gaming software. If soundblasterx ae5 much cheaper than the others go for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts