Overclock.net banner

what kind of antenna do i need for tv tuner?

599 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  craigap
right now im stuck getting strictly over-the-air transmissions (we got at&t tv, no unscrambling it via splitter as far as i know) and my old bunnyears just dont pick up alot of channels, lol. im assuming i need an amplified one, can you guys recommend any?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Um, for your PC? Why don't you just split the output from the AT&T STB to the PC and use an IR blaster to change the channels?
i honestly did not understand almost any of that. stb? IR blaster?
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeast
View Post

i honestly did not understand almost any of that. stb? IR blaster?

STB = Set Top Box. In other words, the cable/satellite box that is connected to your TV.

IR Blaster = a device that allows your PC to send IR commands, this way when you change the channel on the PC it can change it on the STB to match.
See less See more
If you buy an antenna I would suggest buying from a local store, so you can easily take it back when you find out it doesn't work. If you are buying an indoor antenna I would try the omnidirectional ones first and only.
www.antennaweb.org is nice site to give you an idea of what outdoor antenna you would need.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.