Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My older GTX560Ti had artifact and went to warranty, they send me back another one (which in the paper they said it is a new one). I checked jacks and stuff and they are very new indeed. No marks of plugging cable.

When using it in the first place. Everything is normal. But for couple weeks later it started to have artifact. It only happen when I watch films and videos in MPC, freezes the computer and I have to press the reset button. If I use WMP there isn't any artifact at all.

After that, I sell my old socket 775 system(only CPU+Main+RAM, the VGA stays with me) and get new Ivy system (in my sig). Reinstall my Windows and...the artifact still occur when using MPC. Out of 10 times, it happens about 8

I play games everyday and tried to furmark the vga for hours and there is nothing to worry about.

What is going on? Is it MPC or the VGA itself?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
That seems more like a MPC problem. Does it have options to change out OpenGL/DirectX/etc# displays? If so I'd switch any of the settings relating to color conversion and see if that helps. I had a very similar problem in VLC media player(looked almost identical, color, blocks and everything) and it was all because either DirectX or OpenGL didn't support hardware color conversion (YUV something?)

Why don't you see how VLC works for you?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryleh View Post

That seems more like a MPC problem. Does it have options to change out OpenGL/DirectX/etc# displays? If so I'd switch any of the settings relating to color conversion and see if that helps. I had a very similar problem in VLC media player(looked almost identical, color, blocks and everything) and it was all because either DirectX or OpenGL didn't support hardware color conversion (YUV something?)

Why don't you see how VLC works for you?
Thanks I will look into it. Because I didn't change anything in MPC at all. It just suddenly happen.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk1nNy View Post

Thanks I will look into it. Because I didn't change anything in MPC at all. It just suddenly happen.
Another question, is the video you are watching compressed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryleh View Post

Another question, is the video you are watching compressed?
Yes and no. No matter what video it just happen.

I've tweak some settings in MPC and currently testing. Will report back soon.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I got it! After watching some videos there haven't any artifact lately.

Thanks so much Ryleh! +REP for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts