Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The PS4 is using a new GPU and they showed off the features it is going to have.

I thought the car stuff was cool about how the light will refract realistically and each car's headlights have unique spreads of light.

I also saw the demo where they took a bunch of blue dots or squares and had them fall onto the buildings to show how they have realistic physics. I don't know what that's called but it seemed really cool.

By the way, what kind of GPU did they say they were using?

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkerde View Post

i believe thay said it was an apu and a dedicated gpu, which i did not hear them mention what it was modeled after
What's an apu? I am kind of familiar with computers but then I always hear of things that I have never heard of before.

Also did you see the part where they dropped a bunch of blue polygons onto the buildings and had them scatter around?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

What's an apu? I am kind of familiar with computers but then I always hear of things that I have never heard of before.

Also did you see the part where they dropped a bunch of blue polygons onto the buildings and had them scatter around?
apu is basically a cpu with a gpu built in, and yeah i saw those blue polygons, those were havok physics demonstration

1 - 4 of 4 Posts