Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some kind of ram to go with my amd system (look at the rig in my sig) and was wndering some opinions. Like i want 2GB should i go 4x512 or 2x1GB? wha kind of ram do you guys suggest? Im looking for like pc4400 or close to it.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
i would sy just stick with 2 1024 chips, and pc4200 will be fast enpugh and give u plenty of overclocking versatility

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just thinking about 4x512 cause i have a lot more choices. I mean ill just have to use a 2t right will that hurt me that much???

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
i was just thinking about 4x512 cause i have a lot more choices. I mean ill just have to use a 2t right will that hurt me that much???
well with 4x512mb you will be limited to 2T and you will also be limited in your OC. Even though 2x512 will typically OC better than 2x1gb (high quality RAM of course) when you put 4 sticks in it stresses the memory controller more and thus you get a worse OC.

Your best bet is to go with 2x1gb. If you want to OC the best there is is the OCZ platinum PC4000. next would probably be g.skill (top of the line) PC4000

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
and your sure itll get 300 fsb if needed?? lol
all you can do is try

1 - 9 of 9 Posts