Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... to make the transition from realtek integrated sound -> a dedicated sound card worth it?

If I were to get a dedicated card, what would be a good one for a beginner who used integrated sound all his life? I heard so many bad things about creative so I want to stay away from them. Should I get a Xonar or Prelude?

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
preludes on sale @ the egg for $175
I'd say jump on it

LINK

actually $145 after MIR

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind shelling out 150 for a good sound card. That Prelude is looking really nice actually. I'm just afraid I won't notice any difference after the purchase because I'm using generic logitech speakers.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arctia
View Post

I don't mind shelling out 150 for a good sound card. That Prelude is looking really nice actually. I'm just afraid I won't notice any difference after the purchase because I'm using generic logitech speakers.

Yeah , i recommend the Prelude. Logitechs arent really that crappy , and a good sound card will defently push them to their limits. I think you will be surprised.

And with the prelude you can always upgrade to a z-5500 setup or an anolog setup and get the most out of them.

good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts