Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I bought that set of speakers and ended up returning it. They sounded pretty decent, but in order to hear the rear speakers, I had to have them very close or turn up the volume pretty loud. It wasn't really an option to turn them up too loud because I live in a Townhouse. The bass is good and that is the best set of speakers you can get for that price.

Now, to answer your question, the only sound card I would suggest is one from the Audigy series. The Audigy 4 is the best, but $300 is pretty steep. I would suggest the Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS. They are the standard for audio in PC's. Because of their onboard processing you will see improvements in your games, plus the fidelity is awesome. I would not buy any other soundcard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, been looking at the Audigy 2 ZS, seems sweet. If not those speakers then which? I can get those for 55$ (well allready got but I can cancel).
Kinda just looking for something other then the crap speakers I have atm.
Allready spend 1900$ today
trying not to go overboard here also

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos

Hmm, been looking at the Audigy 2 ZS, seems sweet. If not those speakers then which? I can get those for 55$ (well allready got but I can cancel).
Kinda just looking for something other then the crap speakers I have atm.
Allready spend 1900$ today
trying not to go overboard here also

I totally understand. As I said before, those are the best speakers you can get for the money. I however find that the rear speakers are very difficult to hear at low volumes or at a distance. The worst part is that there is no way to adjust the volume of the rear speakers independently of the rest. It's all or nothing. I personally perfer a nice set of headphones to a 5.1 rig, because it feels more life-like during gaming. I have a nice set of 2.1 speakers for listening to music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts