Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1800x Saddness
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time for my flush its been about 10 months, and the Mayhem's Pastel Extreme I was using has gone mostly clear. I would not recommend using it unfortunately, it seems to be reactive to UV lighting as well and causes it to stick to the sides of tubing etc. And definately has left build up in my blocks and I will need to disassembly my CPU/GPU Blocks.

I haven't been able to run my UV lights because of this issue,
I'd like to use my UV Pink dye again, but unsure best way to go about it. And which fluid to go for, I know I've heard some good stuff about the new Primochill, but I'm also ok not going for anything fancy.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
well there are only three types of coolant that I trust. swiftech's green stuff works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every year. koolance 702 clear works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every two years. 20% Prestone green antifreeze, 80% distilled water, works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every four years. the prestone antifreeze is also UV reactive.

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
well there are only three types of coolant that I trust. swiftech's green stuff works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every year. koolance 702 clear works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every two years. 20% Prestone green antifreeze, 80% distilled water, works fine without clogging the system, if replaced every four years. the prestone antifreeze is also UV reactive.
Personally I'm of the opinion that plain old distilled water (+kill coil) is most reliable. I ran that in a loop for over 3 years with just a few top offs and found no issues whatsoever when I took the loop apart.

It is worth noting that I do run my system almost 24/7 so there is always water movement.

·
1800x Saddness
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I might look into a more traditional clear pre-mix then, ya I run my system 24/7 and usually am Eth mining during the night w/ 1080ti

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,210 Posts
I would just stick with X1 coolant. It's really cheap and not too picky like the pastel and primochill. Probably the most headache free fluid I've used.
Completely agree. I won't use anything but X1 Clear anymore. Done with the headaches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts