Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through all the guides, (or at least tried) and I couldn't find a cherry/ALPS black keyboard with the indented Caps lock key, the reason I want the indented key is because when I'm WASDing, my pinky just loves that indent, halp?

TLDR:
Need keyboard with:
Cherry/ALPS black switches
Indented Caps lock key
Black keyboard and keys

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any there with an attachable wrist rest and also black, sorry I didn't mention.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just want to make sure you saw my edit, these DO NOT USE Cherry or Black ALPs switches. They use Buckling Springs, but they're the only boards I personally know of with this indent. I'm positive there's others out there, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboHertz View Post
Are there any there with an attachable wrist rest and also black, sorry I didn't mention.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104bl.html
http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html
http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104wh.html

As for a wrist rest, none of them have one. You can, however; pick up something more comfortable than a detachable plastic wrist rest. GEL!

Amazon.com: 3M(TM) Wrist Rest for Keyboard, Antimicrobial, Gel, Large Size, Black: Office Products Amazon.com: 3M(TM) Wrist Rest for Keyboard, Antimicrobial, Gel, Large Size, Black: Office Products

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm, gel seems like a nice idea, although would there be no Cherry/ALPS black keyboard with an indented caps lock, if not, I could just go to the mechanical keyboard guide and find something nice there.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
+1 for that gel wrist. Its the one I'm using and I love it. As for the keyboard selection, you're getting a tad picky which is out of my area of expertise so I'll just butt out now.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I AM asking for alot.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Deck Legend

The caps lock is indented (actually all of them are). The non tactile ones are Cherry MX Black and the tactile ones are Cherry MX Clear.

Or maybe I'm having difficulty understanding what you mean by indent

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
There's the black AT101W. Keycaps are poorly pad printed though, so it's probably not worth considering. You then have the G80-3000 keyboards, but they are hard to get in the US with blue or brown switches. Does it have to be Alps or Cherry in particular?

Quote:
Steelseries is the only one I can think of. Tbh, seperate wrist rests are probably more desirable. Leave the keyboard to keyboard makers, and wrist rests to wrist rest makers.

Quote:
Black ALPs
Hate to be anal, but I have to pick you up on this one - it's either ALPS or Alps
Company logo uses the former, name uses the latter.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Poutine looks and smells disgusting but tastes amazing

kind of like your mom

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get back on topic, this isn't 4chan or OT.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
You do know that Black Alps and Black Cherry switches are quite different things? Black Alps are tactile and roughly equivalent to Clear Cherries, and Black Cherries are linear and roughly equivalent to Yellow Alps (which havent been made for quite some time)

What sort of keyboard do you want? Tactile or linear? Clicky or non-clicky? Low force or high?

Oh, here's what you want right here. But they aren't great, and this is what happens to the keycaps in the end -

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, for gaming, what would I generally want?

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboHertz View Post
Get back on topic, this isn't 4chan or OT.
You want this - G803494LYCUS-2/00. 6KRO on USB or NKRO on PS/2. Indented CapsLock. Cherry Reds.

Canadians have such a great sense of humor.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But again, what switch would be ideal for gaming.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts