Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,367 Posts
Some questions that may help you decide for yourself might be: What do I require from this case? What design limitations does the case present that will withhold me from obtaining my goals?

I know the Raven v.1 obtains better cooling with the top cover removed, and the front panel door needs ever so slight lubrication to enhance its function.

CCFL's inside the chassis might be asthetically pleasing. If you replaced the blue led's in the front power light bar to match the cathode color it would really add a nice touch.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Some questions that may help you decide for yourself might be: What do I require from this case? What design limitations does the case present that will withhold me from obtaining my goals?

I know the Raven v.1 obtains better cooling with the top cover removed, and the front panel door needs ever so slight lubrication to enhance its function.

CCFL's inside the chassis might be asthetically pleasing. If you replaced the blue led's in the front power light bar to match the cathode color it would really add a nice touch.

well i orignally wanted to paint the outside of the case a Metallic Red (expensive) and change the LED to a blood red (darker red) and cut out the raven logo on the top and put a chrome one in (also make chrome inserts for the silverstone logo on the sides. then put Red LEDs on the inside of the case. but i dont know how to go about it lol.

i also thought about chroming the power and reset switch (and put some kind of wheels on the case that you cant see so i can move the computer easily since it goes to ALOT of LAN parties
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade1000000 View Post
well i orignally wanted to paint the outside of the case a Metallic Red (expensive) and change the LED to a blood red (darker red) and cut out the raven logo on the top and put a chrome one in (also make chrome inserts for the silverstone logo on the sides. then put Red LEDs on the inside of the case. but i dont know how to go about it lol.

i also thought about chroming the power and reset switch (and put some kind of wheels on the case that you cant see so i can move the computer easily since it goes to ALOT of LAN parties
Wow. Those ideas would make it the envy of many. If I were in your place I'd probably PM a few modders who have done similar things to help find out the proper materials and methods involved (bc tbh I have no idea how to how about it either lol).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,136 Posts
Mod NAME: Project Afterburner. Or Death From Above



Okay.. If it was me I would go to the autoparts place and get the metallic silver bumper coating. Its spray paint but it sticks really good and you can't mess it up when you spray. the finish is smooth but would give a matte pop to the bottom of the case.

You definitly need to take advantage of this focal point..some how some way.



I would also cut out or take out the matte screen inside the intake holes. or Maybe paint the grill chevy orange or RED.. Ford red is too deep and pretty. You want this part to POP. the grill inside the side intakes for effect.. Then!.....

On the inside.. if you go air..



Paint the entire inside with one coat only of spray on Bed Liner for the Trucks. It sticks like glue and will be a really nice Noise eliminator.. The Plasiticote comes off too easy. The Bed liner is Tough as nails. But spray all inside aluminum with it. To give the inside that full Matte black finish.

Paint the outside with Krylon Camo FLAT BLACK first.. The the bumper coat silver focal point. The you need some slim suttle red accents.. not much..

Then use 3 x 12 inch red Cold Cathode Tubes to give the effect of heat. Maybe even and yellow and red and white tube would give it that Jet engine afterburn look.

This look is what I see...


Super Hornet engine test on the fantail of USS Kitty Hawk

Follow these Design Cues...



 

·
Banned
Joined
·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some good ideas but i still wanna go with the Red Raven Idea That I Have because it would look classy and expensive. i wonder if i can get metal moulds made up for the parts that are plastic so i can replace them with metal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade1000000 View Post

some good ideas but i still wanna go with the Red Raven Idea That I Have because it would look classy and expensive. i wonder if i can get metal moulds made up for the parts that are plastic so i can replace them with metal.
You wanted wheels for easy moving to LAN-parties. But, you want metal panels?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top