Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellows,

I've just purchased the whole bunch of PC parts, one thing I could have not made a decision on were the screens.

I've got 2 of just released XFX 7970 DD Black Edition and i7 3960X extreme on R4Extreme.

I'm looking to get 3 superb quality screens mainly for gaming and was considering:

Dell u2711, Asus VG278 and Samsung S27A750.

Now mind that I have no clue what frames I will achieve with my setup as had not tested it yet and unsure about which part will become a bottleneck.

Personally I prefer dell, the question is am I going to go over 60Hz with such setup at all so the screens become bottlenecks? or rather an obvious question; what do you think my refresh rates will be having three of 1080p screens?

Thanks for your thoughts.

ps; I aim to get only roughly 4.2GHz of cpu and cards will most likely end up on 1100/6000, re screens VESA is a must

·
Banned
1,240 Posts
Asus VG278, you will rarely be going over 60 fps to make 60hz or 120hz displays matter much, however it's always better to get 120hz displays simply because they are better tech and a better experience if you ever do decide to go Tri-Fire or play any older games which you WILL get over 60fps in...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

You just made me to reconsider the whole thing.

If I was gonna get a third gpu (and completely leave out still quite expensice u2711s) what 120Hz screen would you propose?

It doesn't have to be 27" neither any of those mentioned above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts