Overclock.net banner

What mouse for me?

750 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Evil Genius Jr 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new mouse and need some suggestions.
I have a hybrid palm/claw grip and fairly small hands. Have one of these right now lol http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Premium-6-Button-Compatible/dp/B002WE3BZ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top and it's not uncomfortable.
I defiantly want wired. It will be used 60% work/web browsing and 40% gaming. Macros are not needed. I'll spend however much I need to.
The mice I have been looking at include the M60, the Level 10M and the CM storm Recon.
Thanks!

#4 ·
#5 ·
CM storm Xornet, it's the best mouse i've ever owned. Also my wife has one, and I know another person who has one. They are fairly small and make for a good claw/hybrid grip. Moreover my hand never gets tired using it because of the shape and convenient ring finger rest.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570014

buy it

#6 ·
Roccat savu should be a good mouse suiting youre needs and hand size.
It uses the avago 3090 wich is an optical sensor with no acceleration.
Here is a review of Arizonian,

http://www.overclock.net/t/1352257/roccat-savu-review/0_100

CM Storm recon (avago 3090), is a good mouse just not really youre grip style youre describing.
It also has no good weight distribution all the weight is in the back of the mouse

The Xornet mentioned above uses the (avago 3060) its a good mouse.
But has a little bit of angle snapping its turned of, but you can notice it still being there.
Aswell if u use higher dpi stay off it you will get ripple and low malfunctionspeeds.
But!!! if you use a lower dpi and are on a budget this mouse is a good choice.

The Corsair M60 uses a avago 9500 sensor and has acceleration.
M10 same story + the weight of the mouse is quite heavy.

Therefore I have to mention aswell acceleration is a preference.
Not all people notice it.
But its all know learning to move youre mouse cursor more precise is easier when the cursor is only moved by the distant moved of the sensor/mouse.
Then the distant moved + the speed of the movement being it faster or slower (acceleration).

#7 ·
G500 gets another vote from me! I use a palm grip and have pretty small hands too.

Also might wanna check out the Mionix NAOS 8200. My friend is getting one for his birthday next week. I've heard it's supposed to be a pretty good mouse
biggrin.gif

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotJaked View Post

G500 gets another vote from me! I use a palm grip and have pretty small hands too.

Also might wanna check out the Mionix NAOS 8200. My friend is getting one for his birthday next week. I've heard it's supposed to be a pretty good mouse
biggrin.gif
G500 and the mionox are both 2 comfortable palm! grip mice.
Both use a laser sensor with acceleration.
If you would like the shapes more of the mice mention above have a look at he logitech g400 or the razer deathadder 2013.
They are optical mice with no acceleration and more biased to palm grip styles but can be clawgripped if you have medium or larger hands.

#9 ·
Alright guys thanks for the advice!

Well messing around with various crappy mouses I own I have decided I prefer a heavier mouse.

I have too look into the acceleration, thanks!

So right now it's between the Savu, Level 10, Xornet , and Deathadder.

I've discounted the M60, g500, g400 and Nionox due to styling/ergonomics and/or features.

Will an optical be okay or do I want a laser mouse?

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Genius Jr View Post

Alright guys thanks for the advice!

Well messing around with various crappy mouses I own I have decided I prefer a heavier mouse.

I have too look into the acceleration, thanks!

So right now it's between the Savu, Level 10, Xornet , and Deathadder.

I've discounted the M60, g500, g400 and Nionox due to styling/ergonomics and/or features.

Will an optical be okay or do I want a laser mouse?
If you want something heavier the Xornet is very light.
The Savu is aswell not really a heavy mouse either.

So it would end up being between the Thermaltake level m10 (with accel) or the Razer Deathadder 2013.
Choice would be really easy for most people on this thread, pick the Razer Deathadder 2013
thumb.gif

Its a well know mouse the deathadder it used now for years in the competetive gaming scene.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltel1te View Post

If you want something heavier the Xornet is very light.
The Savu is aswell not really a heavy mouse either.

So it would end up being between the Thermaltake level m10 (with accel) or the Razer Deathadder 2013.
Choice would be really easy for most people on this thread, pick the Razer Deathadder 2013
thumb.gif

Its a well know mouse the deathadder it used now for years in the competetive gaming scene.
Alright thanks! I'll see if I can compare the two at a local store.

After messing around with acceleration I have decided I prefer it if that changes anything.

#12 ·
Just wanted to throw up some size example of the Xornet for you. It's my hand using the mouse in my normal browsing position. I'm slightly relaxed holding the mouse and the rear of the mouse is slightly touching the middle of my palm. Also i'm putting a size comparison next to a delicious can of Pibb....mmmmmm pibbb
thumb.gif
Also any wear you see on the mouse is after about 1 1/2 years of use daily for 5+ hours a day.

#13 ·
If you prefer positive acceleration you may also want to have a look at the SteelSeries Sensei.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.