Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, what's gonna be out in like...may-september?

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121

Yeah, what's gonna be out in like...may-september?

Intel will be introducing a brand new core and should take the cpu lead back for awhile.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
They new AMD m2 socket processors are going to be hitting the market 2Q and i cant wait because it will be supporting DDR2, which is AWSOME!, and in sept. we will see the new Direct X 10 Video Card hitting the market and will, from my reading, pwn all of the Direct x 9 GPUS.....just because the way it runs

Here is the M2 details
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2587

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, I might go for that new intel for my new build...there's so many choices I can't decide!
I can't decide whether I want that new dfi or sapphire crossfire mobo...or to go sli, or intel/amd, etc. I'm an intel fan personally, always have been always will be, I've been a little hazy with amd processors, and the only reason I'd side with one atm is the speed...and 64-bit capabilities. but now that i know that new intel core is coming out, well I just might go with it.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
The new Intel Core is named Conroe, it is COMPLETELY different from the P4. It is based on the P M and P3 architechure... (Sounds like a downground, but P3 architechure is superior to the P4...) Plus there are several signs that this chip is doing very well in testing. The release date has moved up from Oct, to June, and now around April....

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

The new Intel Core is named Conroe, it is COMPLETELY different from the P4. It is based on the P M and P3 architechure... (Sounds like a downground, but P3 architechure is superior to the P4...) Plus there are several signs that this chip is doing very well in testing. The release date has moved up from Oct, to June, and now around April....

one question....is it going to be cheap like the presler? I mean does it have a smaller die size? because smaller die size equals lower prices..correct?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I would say the good middle of the pack Conroes will be 400..... that being it will be around 2.2GHz (remember this is p3 achiteture so its similar to AMD)....and hopefullt have 1mb of L1 and L2 cache.....so id start saving because getting a better cpu is always worth it

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

I would say the good middle of the pack Conroes will be 400..... that being it will be around 2.2GHz (remember this is p3 achiteture so its similar to AMD)....and hopefullt have 1mb of L1 and L2 cache.....so id start saving because getting a better cpu is always worth it

You are incorrect, or well maybe not, but according to many sources, the Conroe will start at 2.8Ghz and scoot up to around 4.0Ghz. The Conroe is 65nm, and it is dual core I believe. There are no hints on cost, but I think you will see prices from 400-1200 with the release and they will go down to 300+ with time.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

You are incorrect, or well maybe not, but according to many sources, the Conroe will start at 2.8Ghz and scoot up to around 4.0Ghz. The Conroe is 65nm, and it is dual core I believe. There are no hints on cost, but I think you will see prices from 400-1200 with the release and they will go down to 300+ with time.

>.< that's expensive
oh well I have about 1500-2000 max to spend on my new build when I graduate....maybe I can pull off a low end conroe, and a middle range dx10 card if they have them out by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts