Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to know what the best results I can expect in OCing my X2 4600.

See my specs below for details. I recently purchased a AC Freezer 64 Pro to help with the heat and now have a thermal probe directly on the CPU and run ~49C at 2.6Ghz (Full Load) via the ASUS OC profile of 8% Overclocking. I am not sure exactly what the details of the the changes but it appears to be 8% across the board.

Any suggestions welcome!

Rig Pics Attached

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
With sufficient cooling you could get a much better OC. I think you should leave it as is for now since 49c LOAD is pretty high.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the AC Freezer made it much better than the stock 52C idle

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
How do you have that probe set up, I hope you know not to put it between the core and heatsink, that'll raise your temps.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
Thats a monster rig but why put it in a case with such poor airflow?

·
Registered
114 Posts
agreed yto the above post man. LOL SLI 7800's buth a **** case. Come on. I got one of the best cases
grab a Antec P180, air in it filtered before entry, 4 120 mm fans, one on top, one in the back, one on the side where your GFX card is to keep it cool, and one below by the PSU . Crazy good case. Check it out 190 buk CDN should dor er right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The probe is not between the heatsink and the cpu. It is on the side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the case...well...lets just call that a noob mistake. I have already seen the error of my ways... Thanks for the feedback. When I get the opportunity I will upgrade to a better one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts